Friday, June 17, 2016

Wednesday, December 07, 2005


I observed some Christian friends who have esteemed themselves highly. I searched myself and reminded myself how my life is a vapor and I recalled the Proverbs and Ecclesiastes; vanity. I remained with the self-review and I remembered the manner in which God reminded Jonah of his importance and Jonas esteem for the people of the City of Ninevah.

Job 38:33 Knowest thou the ordinances of heaven? canst thou set the dominion thereof in the earth?

Jonah 4:4 Then said the LORD, Doest thou well to be angry? Jonah 4:5 So Jonah went out of the city, and sat on the east sideof the city, and there made him a booth, and sat under it in theshadow, till he might see what would become of the city. Jonah 4:6 And the LORD God prepared a gourd, and made it to comeup over Jonah, that it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver himfrom his grief. So Jonah was exceeding glad of the gourd. Jonah 4:7 But God prepared a worm when the morning rose the nextday, and it smote the gourd that it withered. Jonah 4:8 And it came to pass, when the sun did arise, that Godprepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat upon the head of Jonah,that he fainted, and wished in himself to die, and said, It is better for me to die than to live. Jonah 4:9 And God said to Jonah, Doest thou well to be angry forthe gourd? And he said, I do well to be angry, even unto death. Jonah 4:10 Then said the LORD, Thou hast had pity on the gourd, forthe which thou hast not laboured, neither madest it grow; which came upin a night, and perished in a night: Jonah 4:11 And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, whereinare more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern betweentheir right hand and their left hand; and also much cattle?

No comments:

Post a Comment